Leadership is the ability to influence a group towards the achievement of goals. In an organization, a person holds leadership role because of his position in the organization. But not all leaders are managers and not all managers are leader.
1. It is the ability to influence others.
2. The influence is used to change the behavior of others.
3. Behavior is changed without exerting force.
4. Behavior is changed with an objective of achieving a common goal.
5. A leader should posses a set of qualities to influence others.
6. Leadership is a group phenomenon.
There are a number of theories to explain effective leadership. One theory states the traits leaders should posses to be efficient. Second theory states the behaviors leader should exhibit to be efficient. But both theories are adequate. Therefore a third theory was formulated which was contingency models to explain inadequacies of the other two theories.
The theories that consider personal qualities and characteristics that differentiate leaders from non-leaders are called trait theories. These theories identify a set of traits that differentiate leaders from non-leaders. Some of the leadership traits are:
1. Ambition and energy.
2. Desire to lead.
3. Honest and integrity.
6. Job relevant knowledge.
7. Self monitoring ability.
Average acceleration is the object's change in speed for a specific given time period. ...
When an object falls into the ground due to planet's own gravitational force is known a...